Thank you for taking the time to read this important message.
For 4 years I have donated my time as Executive Director of the award-winning indie film Dodging Bullets. This film affirms most everything I have learned through bringing Elders’ Wisdom, Children’s Song to communities large and small throughout this nation. The film documents Historical Trauma which is prominent in Native American communities. Historical Trauma is a term used by social workers and psychologists, it refers to the cumulative emotional and psychological wounding of a group of people caused by traumatic experiences. This trauma is epigenetically passed down from one generation to another and causes health care problems in today’s generation.
We Need Your Help
I am asking people to step up and help this spread the message by supporting the outreach of this film. There are two ways you can donate.
- For non-Natives, the film dispels myths about Native peoples.
- For Natives the film reaffirms who they are.
- Law enforcement agencies, corporations and school districts have requested to screen the film. These are key influential groups.
Funds will be used for:
Color Correction, Sound Mixing/Editing, DCPs and DVDs, Aggregator fees, Legal and E/O Insurance, Closed Captioning, Public Relations, and Native Education. If you know anyone who will offer services on a pro-bono basis, please let me know.
Other things you can do
1. Be an influencer and show your support by sharing the campaign link on your social media pages.
Follow Dodging Bullets on Twitter @DBulletsFilm
Like Dodging Bullets on Facebook @dodgingbulletsthefilm
Watch and Like the trailer on Youtube or Vimeo
Follow and like us on Instagram @dodgingbulletsthemovie
2. Talk about the film on social networks, like, follow, subscribe and share any of social media posts about the campaign and film. Even a simple like on a post will help increase awareness for the film.
Thank you for all you do,
Dodging Bullets – Stories of Survivors of Historical Trauma
Learn more about the film Dodging Bullets—Stories from Survivors of Historical Trauma
Dodging Bullets confronts Historical Trauma head-on through interviews and discussions with Native Americans whose lives are stricken the effects of Historical Trauma.
Visit DodgingBullets.org for more information.